Installation Diagram For 12 & 24/30-32V Systems
(1) Ether cylinder assembly.
(2) Clamp assembly. Position clamp assembly 178 mm (7.00 in.) vertically above ether valve assembly mounting holes.
(3) Ether valve assembly. With cylinder assembly (1) installed, the valve assembly provides 2.25 cc of ether through the steel tube to atomizer (8) in the air inlet manifold system each time control panel switch (5) is pressed for three seconds, then released.
Locate as close to the engine inlet manifold as possible (do not mount on engine).
Do not mount in a location that subjects valve assembly and cylinder assembly (1) to temperatures greater than 93.3°C (200°F).
Install valve assembly so cylinder assembly (1) can be installed in a vertical position as shown.
(4) Temperature switch. The temperature switch will not allow starting fluid to reach the atomizer if the engine temperature is above 38°C (100°F).
Remove the 3/8" pipe plug from the left rear corner of the cylinder head and install temperature switch.
(5) Starting aid switch. Install switch close to operator's starting station. Switch requires clearance hole for 5/8" diameter thread, and 38 mm (1.50 in.) depth behind control panel or mounting bracket.
(6) Ether valve connector.
(7) Steel tube. Assemble 3.18 mm (.125 in.) O.D. steel tubing between valve assembly and atomizer assembly. Use the flexible coupling tube assembly as a flexible connection between the two lines. The use of any additional length of tubing is not recommended. No electric wires are to be clamped to the ether line.
(8) Atomizer assembly. Remove 1/4" pipe plug from air inlet system and install atomizer assembly. Before atomizer assembly is tightened, turn identification mark to face front or rear of engine.
Location For Atomizer And Temperature Switch
Installation Of Atomizer As Seen From Right Side Of Engine