In this chapter the procedure of dismantling the gearbox is described. It is mandatory to observe the safety notes. A gearbox mounting description is given in Chapter 4.
The plant has been taken out of service.
- * Make sure reliable measures are taken to prevent the plant from being activated inadvertently.
- * Make sure the crane carrying capacity is adequate for gearbox lifting.
Safeguard the gearbox against uncontrolled movements, e.g. sliding.
- * Avoid heavy blows when dismantling the equipment.
- * Make sure that axial forces are not exerted.
8.2 Dismantling Work to be Performed
Drain the oil from the gearbox.
For this purpose use suitable containers.
Any oil spillage must be collected in suitable containers.
For gearbox handling make sure that the carrying capacity of the crane is sufficient.
- * Use approved handling elements only.
- * Attach the gearbox carefully to the lifting hook.
Tighten the lifting straps or ropes without lifting up the gearbox.
Make sure the gearbox is not canted.
Disconnect the hydraulic motor from the supply system.
Close off the hydraulic lines by means of plugs.
Make sure that no dirt or foreign bodies are allowed to enter the hydraulic system.
Depending on the gearbox design, the coupler can be disengaged from the inner gearing of the disks when disassembling the hydraulic motor! Make sure to observe its correct installation position when mounting the coupler. See spare parts drawing: 0/6156/1261/0
Disconnect the brake release line.
Close off the brake release port by means of a plug.
Make sure that no dirt or foreign bodies are allowed to enter the brake release port.
Remove the fastening screws of the gearbox flange.
The gearbox is now suspended from the crane.
Move the gearbox carefully out of the bogie frame and lay it down.