RT50 (4XG, 5PF);
RT50 SA (8DJ);
RTC60 (4XG, 5PF)
Reference: Special Instruction; SEHS6144, "Setting Instructions For 815920 Electronic Control Box Group".
Using a test harness makes calibrating the 838141 Electronic Control Box easier. The test harness is installed between the electronic control box and the 815712 Cab Harness. This allows for relocating the electronic control box to a more accessible position during the calibration procedure.
Perform the following procedure to make the test harness.
2. Insert the pin end of each wire into the 8N1534 Receptacle.
3. Place two 8N1535 Endbells over the wires. Make sure the endbells are positioned so that they will fasten to the receptacle and plug.
4. Insert the socket end of each wire into the corresponding location of the 8N1525 Plug. For example; the wire which connects to pin No. 1 of the recptacle must connect to pin No. 1 of the plug.
5. For each pin location, check the continuity from the receptacle to the plug. For example; there must be continuity between pin No. 1 of the receptacle and pin No. 1 of the plug.
6. Fasten the endbells to the receptacle and plug.
To use the test harness:
Disconnect the electronic control box harness from 815712 Cab Harness. Connect one end of the test harness to the cab harness. Remove the electronic control box from its mount in the cab. Connect the other end of the test harness to the electronic control box.
Place the electronic control box in a convenient location. Perform the calibration procedure, see the Reference.
When the calibration procedure is finished, remove the test harness. Connect the electronic control box to the cab harness. Reinstall the electronic control box in the cab.