a) remove flywheel
1. Remove the baffle retaining bolts and locks.
2. Install two 3/8"-16NC forcing screws (1) and remove the baffle and rear seal. Remove the rear seal from baffle.
3. Remove the wear sleeve from crankshaft.
Install Crankshaft Rear Seal And Wear Sleeve
1. Using tool setup (A), install the crankshaft rear wear sleeve as follows:
(a) Install the locator assembly (1) and three retaining screws on the crankshaft. Place the wear sleeve (2) on the locator assembly with the bevel on sleeve toward rear of engine.
(b) Place the wear sleeve installer ring in the pusher plate, and install the plate on crankshaft. Install the retaining nut. Tighten nut until pusher plate bottoms against the locator assembly. Remove the pusher plate and wear sleeve installer ring.
2. Install the baffle and twelve retaining bolts and locks.
3. Using tool setup (B), install crankshaft rear seal as follows:
(a) Lubricate the lip of seal and the crankshaft with clean SAE 30 oil. Coat the outside diameter of seal with 8S6747 Liquid Gasket Material. Position the seal on the crankshaft with lip of seal toward front of engine.
(b) Place the seal installer ring (3) on the locator assembly. Install the pusher plate (4) and nut. Tighten nut until pusher plate bottoms against the locator assembly. Remove tool setup (B).
a) install flywheel