a) remove cylinder head assembly
b) remove oil pump
1. Remove the carbon ridge from top of cylinder liner.
2. Rotate the crankshaft until the connecting rod bearing cap retaining bolts are accessible.
Be sure all timing pins and bolts have been removed from their respective timing slots before attempting to rotate crankshaft.
3. Remove the retaining bolts and connecting rod bearing cap.
4. Push the piston and connecting rod upward until the piston rings clear the cylinder liner. Remove the piston and connecting rod. Keep the connecting rod bearing cap with its respective connecting rod and piston.
5. Repeat above steps for remaining pistons.
1. Rotate the crankshaft to position bearing journal of piston to be installed.
2. Lubricate the crankshaft bearing journal, bore of cylinder liner, piston rings and connecting rod bearings with clean SAE 30 oil.
3. Using compressor (A), install the piston and connecting rod in cylinder liner so that "V" mark on piston is aligned with "V" mark on spacer plate. Guide the lower end of connecting rod over crankshaft journal in order to prevent damage to crankshaft.
4. Coat the threads of connecting rod bearing cap retaining bolts with 9M3710 Anti-Seize Compound. Install the connecting rod cap so that number on cap is adjacent to and corresponds to number on connecting rod. Install retaining bolts. Tighten both retaining bolts initially to 60 ± 5 lb. ft. (8,3 ± 0,7 mkg). Mark the head of each bolt and connecting rod cap. Tighten each bolt an additional 120°±5° from mark.
5. Repeat above steps for each remaining piston.
a) install oil pump
b) install cylinder head assembly