1. Disconnect governor control linkage from the governor.
2. Remove the fuel ratio control sensing line (1). Disconnect wiring from shutoff solenoid (if so equipped).
3. Remove the governor-to-right aftercooler housing mounting bracket (2) and mounting bolts.
4. Remove the four governor mounting bolts from the fuel injection pump housing.
NOTE: Two of the mounting bolts can not be removed from governor until governor is disassembled.
5. Remove the governor.
1. Position the governor on engine with governor lever (1) engaged in slot in rack. Install the four mounting bolts.
2. Install the governor-to-right aftercooler housing mounting bracket and bolts.
3. Connect wiring to fuel shutoff solenoid. Install the fuel ratio control sensing line.
4. Connect the governor control linkage to governor.
a) remove governor
b) remove fuel ratio control with override
1. Remove the high and low idle screw cover. Remove the cover assembly plate, mounting bolts, nuts and screws. Remove the high and low idle screws. Remove mounting bolt (1) and cover assembly (2).
2. Disassemble cover assembly (2) as follows: Remove lever retaining bolts and locks. Remove the two levers. Remove shaft assembly. Remove seals from cover assembly. Remove terminal assembly.
3. Remove the rack stop collar retaining screw (3). Remove rack stop collar, collar and spring. Remove rack stop group.
4. Remove two governor housing assembly retaining screws (4). Remove the governor housing assembly (5), spring (6), seat assembly (7) and washer-type spring (8).
5. Disassemble governor housing assembly (5) as follows: Remove speed limiter plunger, spring, plug and gasket. Remove lever assembly-to-shaft retaining bolt and lock. Remove the shaft and governor control lever. Remove the lever assembly. Remove bearings and seal from housing assembly.
6. Disassemble the lever assembly as follows: Remove plunger and spring retaining pin from lever assembly. Remove the spring and plunger.
7. Remove the fuel rack lever retaining pin (9). Remove lever (10). Remove weight assembly-to-body assembly retaining bolts (11) and lock. Remove oil tube assembly (12). Remove the weight piston and valve assemblies (13) as a unit.
8. Remove seat retaining ring (14). Drive pin (15) out of seat (16) and remove seat. Remove bearing and sleeve assembly, washers, spring and bolt (17) from seat. Remove the bearing retaining ring from sleeve. Remove bearing and races from sleeve.
9. Remove the pin assembly (18) from weight assembly (19). Remove weight assembly-to-cylinder retaining ring (20). Remove weight assembly from cylinder. Remove sleeve and O-ring seal from cylinder. Remove piston and valve from cylinder.
10. Remove the governor drive pinion retaining bolts (21), lock and plate. Remove drive pinion (22). Remove weight assembly drive gear retaining nut (23) and washer. Remove shaft from body assembly. Separate adapter assembly (24) from body assembly (25). Remove lip-type seal from adapter assembly.
11. Remove the oil pump gear (26). Using extension (A), press oil pump shaft and gear assembly (27) out of body assembly. Remove weight assembly drive gear. Remove oil pump bypass valve plunger, spring, washer and plug from body assembly.
1. Install the oil pump bypass valve plunger, spring, washer and plug in the body assembly. Install oil pump shaft and gear assembly. Install oil pump gear in body assembly.
2. Using tool setup (A), install seal in adapter assembly with spring of seal toward drive pinion. Lubricate the lip of seal and the oil pump gears. Position adapter assembly on body assembly.
3. Install the weight assembly drive gear and shaft. Install the retaining nut and washer with the inside diameter of washer against nut. Install governor drive pinion, retaining bolts, lock and plate.
4. Assemble weight, piston and valve assemblies as follows: Install piston and valve in cylinder. Install sleeve and O-ring seal in cylinder. Install weight assembly and retaining ring on cylinder. Install pin assembly. Install bearings and races on sleeve. Install bearing retaining ring on sleeve. Install the bearing and sleeve assembly, washers, spring and bolt in seat. Position the seat and install pin and retaining ring.
5. Install the weight, piston and valve assemblies as a unit in body assembly. Install oil tube assembly. Install weight assembly-to-body assembly retaining bolts and lock. Position the fuel rack engaging lever on body assembly and install retaining pin.
6. Assemble lever assembly as follows: Install spring and plunger in lever assembly. Install the retaining pin.
7. Assemble housing assembly as follows: Install the bearings and seal in housing. Position the lever assembly in housing and install shaft and governor control lever. Install lever assembly-to-shaft retaining bolt and lock. Install the speed limiter plunger, spring, plug and gasket in housing.
8. Install governor spring, seat and washer-type spring on weight assembly. The inside diameter of washer-type spring should be against the seat on weight assembly.
9. Position the two rear governor-to-fuel injection pump housing retaining bolts in governor housing. Position the governor housing assembly on body assembly and install two retaining screws.
10. Install the rack stop group. Install rack stop collar, collar and spring. Install rack stop collar retaining screw.
11. Assemble the cover assembly as follows: Install the terminal assembly in cover assembly. Install seals in cover assembly. Install the shaft assembly, levers and retaining bolts and locks.
12. Position cover assembly on governor housing and install mounting bolt. Install the cover assembly plate, mounting bolts, nuts and screws. Install the high and low idle screws.
a) install governor
b) adjust governor (See GOVERNOR ADJUSTMENTS in TESTING AND ADJUSTING)
c) install fuel ratio control with override