1. Remove the two pump mounting bolts (1).
2. Pull straight up on fuel transfer pump to remove it from housing.
Install Fuel Transfer Pump
1. Push down on pump to install in housing.
2. Install the fuel transfer pump mounting bolts.
Disassemble Fuel Transfer Pump
a) remove fuel transfer pump
1. Remove the fuel transfer pump cover assembly and mounting bolts.
2. Remove the pump drive gear retaining nut.
3. Position the pump on screw clamp assembly (A). Tighten clamp bolt enough to relieve pressure on gear.
4. Position the pump and clamp assembly on press fixture assembly (B). Press the gear off shaft.
5. Remove key from shaft. Remove the fixture and clamp assemblies from pump.
6. Remove the gear and gear and shaft assembly from body assembly.
7. Remove cage assembly, seal assembly and washer from body assembly.
8. Using bushing driver (C), remove bushings from body assembly.
9. Using bushing driver (C), remove bushing, lip-type seal and retainer from cage.
10. Remove O-ring seals from retainer and cage.
Assemble Fuel Transfer Pump
1. Clean all parts throughly before assembling pump.
2. Using bushing driver (A), install bushing in cage assembly and bushing in body assembly.
3. Install the lip-type seal in cage assembly using tool setup (C).
4. Install O-ring seal on retainer. Lubricate the seal and install retainer in cage assembly.
5. Lubricate and install O-ring seals on cage assembly.
6. Install the gear and gear and shaft assembly in the body assembly. Install the seal installing guide (B) on end of shaft.
7. Lubricate the shaft and sealing face of seal assembly lightly with lubricant being sealed.
8. Install the washer and seal assembly (1) on shaft.
9. Install cage assembly (2) on body assembly.
10. Remove seal installing guide (B) from shaft.
11. Install key and gear on shaft. Install retaining nut and tighten to 22 ± 5 lb. ft. (3,0 ± 0,7 mkg).
12. Apply a thin film of 8S6747 Liquid Gasket Material to face of body assembly.
Do not allow sealant to enter pump.
13. Install cover assembly and mounting bolts.
NOTE: After tightening cover assembly mounting bolts, the shaft assembly must rotate freely.
a) install fuel transfer pump