1. Remove guard from around the coupling.
2. Remove plate (1) and gasket (4) from coupling and let them rest on drive shaft (2).
3. Separate shaft (2) and driven coupling (3) from engine.
4. Hub (5) is a press fit on shaft (2) and is secured by a key. Press hub off shaft.
5. Remove drive coupling (6) from flywheel (7).
6. Remove plate (8), hub (9) and gasket from drive coupling.
Assemble Flexible Coupling
- 8S2328 Dial Test Indicator Group
1. Clean all parts thoroughly.
2. Install key into keyway of drive shaft (1).
3. Align the key slot in hub (5) with the key in the drive shaft and press the hub onto the drive shaft. The hub can be heated to facilitate installation.
4. Place plate (2) and gasket (4) over hub (5) and onto the drive shaft.
5. Install driven coupling (3) onto the hub.
6. Install the gasket and plate on the flange side of drive coupling (8).
7. Install coupling (8) onto the engine flywheel.
8. Place boot (6) over the teeth of drive coupling.
9. Apply 4L7464 Silicone Grease on the teeth and cavities (7) of the boot.
10. Move the engine or the driven equipment, depending upon the installation, until the driven coupling is fully engaged with the drive coupling.
11. Fill the void between boot (6) and the driven coupling with silicone grease.
12. Install gasket and plate (9).
13. Make certain the drive coupling is centered between plates (2) and (9), so as not to restrict the engine crankshaft end clearance.
14. Clearance between plates (2) and (9) is .009 in. (0,23 mm).
15. Attach a dial indicator to the drive shaft as shown. Check both the face and O.D. runout of the drive coupling. Runout must not exceed .008 in. (0,20 mm).