- Caterpillar Products
A Service Information Channel is available in Caterpillar Channel 1 for accessing videos and animations of service procedures for various Caterpillar products. The Service Information Channel will be updated regularly to provide supplemental information for the latest service information procedures.
There are many service procedures where traditional service information is not adequate to communicate the complexity for performing service repair procedures efficiently and safely. With the use of videos and animations, virtual references for service information can be provided to convey more clarity and precision for specific procedures than traditional publications with words and illustrations.
New Videos Published to Channel 1
This list includes the videos and animations that have recently been published to the Service Information Channel in Caterpillar Channel 1:
- "320, 320 GC, 323, 330, 330 GC, 336, 336 GC, and 340 Hydraulic Excavator Boom Drift Reduction Valve System Operation"
- "320, 320 GC, 323, 330, 330 GC, 336, 336 GC, and 340 Hydraulic Excavator Boom System Operation"
- "330 and 330 GC Hydraulic Excavator Hydraulic Flow Test (Boom Raise)"
- "330 and 330 GC Hydraulic Excavator Pump Control (Output Flow) - Test"
- "3512E and 3516E Marine Engines Control Cabinet - Assemble"
- "3512E and 3516E Marine Engines Control Cabinet - Disassemble"
- "3512E and 3516E Marine Engines Catalyst (SCR) - Remove and Install"
- "777E Off-Highway Truck Retrofit and Upgrade Ladder and Walkway Group Installation"
- "785G Off-Highway Truck Relief Valve (Hoist Raise, Hoist Lower) - Test and Adjust"
- "966 GC Wheel Loader Transmission from Output Transfer Gears - Connect"
- "966 GC Wheel Loader Transmission from Output Transfer Gears - Separate"
- "986K Large Wheel Loader Transmission Hydraulic System"
- "A New Process Is Available to Request Service Animations for Certain Service Information Procedures"
- "D6 XE Track-Type Tractor Generator - Remove"
- "D9 Track-Type Tractor Torque Converter - Assemble"
- "D9 Track-Type Tractor Torque Converter - Disassemble"
Machines Scheduled for the Mechanical Lab at Building LC in Peoria, IL
This list includes the machines that are currently being worked at the Mechanical Lab for the creation of Disassembly and Assembly service publications.
- 966 GC Medium Wheel Loader
- 140 GC Motor Grader
- 306 Mini Hydraulic Excavator
- 325 Medium Hydraulic Excavator
- D5 Track-Type Tractor
This list includes the machines that are scheduled to be worked at the Mechanical Lab for the creation of Disassembly and Assembly service publications.
- 794 AC Off-Highway Truck
- RM600 Road Reclaimer
- MD600 Rotary Drill
- 420 Backhoe Loader
For a tour of the machines currently in the Mechanical Lab and a list of the recently published videos to the Service Information Channel, view Video, "Mechanical Lab Monthly Tour" on Caterpillar Channel 1 at the following link:https://channel1.mediaspace.kaltura.com/media/Mechanical+Lab+Monthly+Update+%28June+2018%29/1_1medtr04
For suggestions, video requests for any machines in the Mechanical Lab, or to submit videos that have been captured at your dealership that you feel would be valuable to the dealer network, contact Andy Seaton at the following information:Seaton_Andrew_K@cat.com
Directions for Subscribing to the Service Information Channel
- Proceed to the Caterpillar Channel 1 web site using the following link:
- A CWS login is required to access Caterpillar Channel 1.
Illustration 1 g06285519
- After entering the CWS login information, navigate to "Support" and "Product Support".
Illustration 2 g06285521
- The Product Support Channels will appear. Select "Service Information" from the "Channels" tab.
Illustration 3 g06285525
- Click the "Subscribe" button on the right side of the web page.
Note: Once you are subscribed to the Service Information Channel, you will be updated every time that a new video is uploaded into the Service Information Channel.