- Caterpillar Products
Due to improved functionality in Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader programs, collage schematics will no longer be loaded into SIS.
Since October 2010, Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader programs have contained the ability to create and print collage schematics from the main schematic. Ensure that the release of Adobe Reader is 10.0 or later for this functionality.
Use the following process to create and print a collage schematic if not available in SIS.
- Start by navigating to the schematic section in SIS for the desired machine.
Illustration 1 g06070515
- Select "Main Schematic" to access the schematic.
Illustration 2 g06070521
- Click the printer icon.
Illustration 3 g06070528
- Click the "Poster" button. This feature will divide the schematic on multiple sheets of standard-size printer paper.
Illustration 4 g06070532
- Choose a printer or "Adobe PDF" from the drop-down box.
- If you desire to print all pages of the poster, choose a mapped printer, then click "Print".
Note: If you want to print less than all pages, continue to Step 7.
- Choose "Adobe PDF" as the printer, then click "Print".
Note: If this option is not available, third-party software may be required for converting the file to a "pdf" format.
Illustration 5 g06070537
- Find a location to save and name the file to be created.
Illustration 6 g06070539 The tool will then automatically create the PDF file. Illustration 7 g06070542
- The final result will be a file that allows a single page or pages to be printed. Follow the on-screen steps to print the desired pages from the "File" drop-down menu.