Note: The eccentric weight housing is located on the right side of the drum.
- Take an oil sample from the eccentric weight housing. No flushing is necessary, if the oil sample cleanliness rating is equal or lower than ISO 23/21. The flushing procedure should be performed if an oil sample cleanliness rating is higher than ISO 23/21.
Illustration 1 g03776071 (1) Fill/Drain Plug
(2) Level Check Plug
(3) Indicator Bar
- Rotate the drum until drain plug (1) is at the bottom of the drum.
- Place a suitable container under the drain plug. Remove the drain plug. Drain the housing completely.
- Rotate the drum until indicator bar (3) is at the bottom of the drum.
- Remove level check plug (2). Fill the housing with oil. Refer to the Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Lubrication Viscosities" and Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Capacities (Refill)". Maintain the level of the oil to the bottom of the level check opening.
- Clean the plugs. Install the plugs.
- Drain the oil from the eccentric weight housing.
151 L (40 US gal)of a suitable hydraulic oil into a 208 L (55 US gal)drum. Illustration 2 g00684344 (1) 8C-6875 Connector
(2) 8B-5774 Reducer Bushing
(3) 9U-6989 Head
(4) 9U-6983 Filter Element
(5) 6V-3965 Nipple Assembly
(6) 8T-4834 Swivel Orifice Tee
(7) 127-8781 Filter Cart
2.4 m (8 ft)of 25 mm (1 inch)hose
(9) 3B-6498 Elbow
(10) 3L-7024 Street Elbow
(11) 127-0593 Connector
(12) 3B-7728 Elbow
(13) 3B-7265 Pipe Nipple
940 mm (37 inch)of 25 mm (1 inch)pipe
- Use the 127-8781 Filter Cart in order to flush the oil in the
208 L (55 US gal)drum. Filter the oil for 30 minutes. The particle count of the clean oil must be a maximum of ISO 18/13.
- Raise the machine. The drum and tires must not be in contact with the ground or the floor. Support the machine on stands.
- Start the engine. Release the parking brake and rotate the drum until the fill/drain plug is at the top of the housing. Apply the parking brake and stop the engine.
- Remove the plug. Install the valve and fitting assembly that is appropriate for your machine.
- Fill the housing with
22 L (6 US gal)gallons of clean oil. Remove the adapter and install the oil fill/drain plug.
- Run the first flush cycle.
- Start the engine. Release the brake.
- Set the travel speed control to low speed. In order to rotate the drum, move the propel control.
- Set the vibratory amplitude control to the low position.
- Turn on the vibratory system. Run the vibratory system for 5 seconds. Turn off the vibratory system. Repeat the cycle for three minutes.
Note: For each cycle, do not run the vibratory system more than 5 seconds.
- Stop the drum. Position the drum in order to drain the housing.
- Install the transfer cart. Pump the oil out of the housing. Cycle the oil through the filter for 30 minutes. Cycle the oil until the oil is cleaned to a rating of ISO 18/13 or better.
- Install the transfer cart to the housing. Pump the oil into the housing. Remove the adapter and install the oil fill/drain plug. For the second cycle, repeat steps 8.a through 8.d. After the second cycle, take an oil sample before filtering the oil. No further flushing is necessary, if the oil sample cleanliness rating is equal or lower than ISO 18/13. Another flushing is necessary, if the oil sample cleanliness rating is higher than ISO 18/13.
Note: If no further flushing is necessary, adjust the oil level so that the housing is filled to the correct oil level.
- When the flushing is complete, rotate the drum to the position in order to drain the housing. Remove the valve and fitting assembly. Drain as much of the oil as possible.
- Rotate the drum until the fill/drain plug is at the top. Remove the level check plug. Fill the drum to the correct level. Refer to the Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Capacities (Refill) ". Refer to the Special Publication, SEBU6250, "Caterpillar Machine Fluids Recommendations", "Lubricant Information".
Note: The new oil must have a oil sample cleanliness rating that is equal or lower than ISO 18/13.