Usage:D7R II ABJ
- 572RSeries II (S/N: DSC1-UP)
- Track-Type Tractor:
- D7RSeries II (S/N: EEA1-UP; KNA1-UP; AEC1-UP; AFG1-UP; ABJ1-UP; BNM1-UP; BRM1-UP; AGN1-UP; BRP1-UP; ACS1-UP; BPT1-UP; ADW1-UP; BNX1-UP)
Description of Change: Improved hardware is now used to attach the 378-3001 Bracket As and 226-7511 Bracket As to the engine exhaust elbow on the D7R Series II Track-Type Tractor and 572R Pipelayer. The existing mounting bolts have been replaced by a longer bolt and washer. The paint on the bracket assemblies has also been eliminated in the mounting areas to improve the bolted joint. These changes reduce the occurrence of bracket bolt loosening for improved durability and service life.
Adaptable To: The improved mounting hardware is effective with the following machines:
- D7R Series II (S/N: KNA1074-UP)
- 572R Series II (S/N: DSC717-UP)
- D7R Series II (S/N: KNA1-1073) (S/N: EEA1-UP; AEC1-UP; AFG1-UP; ABJ1-UP; BNM1-UP; BRM1-UP; AGN1-UP; BRP1-UP; ACS1-UP; BPT1-UP; ADW1-UP; BNX1-UP)
- 572R Series II (S/N: DSC1-716)
|Required Parts    |
|Item    ||Qty    ||Part Number    ||Description    ||Former Part Number    |
|1    ||3    ||198-4777    ||Hard Washer    ||-    |
|2    ||3    ||6V-3822    ||Bolt    ||6V-4248    |
|3    ||3    ||6V-5839    ||Washer    ||-    |
- Remove outer heat shield (A) and hardware (B). Heat shield (A) and hardware (B) will be reused.
- Remove existing bracket assembly (C). Discard three bolts (D) and three washers (E) .
- Remove the paint on both sides of bracket (C) around three 13 mm (0.51 inch) holes. Remove the paint in an 38.1 mm (1.5 inch) area minimum diameter (F) around each hole using a wire brush.
- Reinstall bracket (C) using three bolts (2), three washers (3), and three washers (1). Apply copper-based anti-sieze to the threads of three bolts (2) before assembling. Torque three bolts (2) to 55 N·m (40 lb ft).
- Assemble outer heat shield (A) using three bolts and three washers (B). Apply copper-based anti-sieze to the threads of three bolts (B) before assembling. Torque three bolts (B) to 55 N·m (40 lb ft).